Friday, August 4, 2017

My top 5 stuy tips

Hi guys, is Friday time! I wish everyone a good weekends ahead. Today, I will be sharing my own top 5 study tips. Is august already, I think tests or exams should be coming soon right??


1. Study beforehand 

For me, I actually got to study beforehand one but I don't study everything and every day or every nights!

I can't really do that! So for me, I got one of my uni friend to go with me to the library every sat to get to revise. Actually, I find it works pretty well for me. In library, we also can't really get to talk to each others and so both of us can get to focus well and won't get distracted so easily too.  Most importantly, we can always get to encourage each others. I really find that library is really a good place to study! So find one of your friend to study with you.



Of course, revising it within one day can't possibly be  enough, so what I actually do is pick up the main points which one will come out for exam and create your own notes. From there, I will try to read my own notes and to study from there for like 2 or 3 time a week.  That's why, study beforehand is really very important. 

2. Create your own notes

Of course, revising it within one day can't possibly be enough one, so what I actually do is first pick up the main points and create your own notes (points which will most probably come out for exam). From there, I will try to read my own notes for like 2 or 3 times a week (as mentioned above). 

As I say before, you can't possibly sit down and study the whole day or everyday or everything from a textbook. So that why it is so important that you create your own notes. You can be very creative when creating your own notes. Remember, your notes must be clear, short and sweet! 

You can try the mind-mapping method to study!




3. Study last minute 

Do study last minute helps?

Okay, for me, I find that it helps me so much and I actually carried my notes to study until before the exam really started man.

On the exam day itself, even if your friends or classmates keep telling you how much they have already studied or completed their revision and everything already and while you don't have completed everything, don't worry and don't feel scared! Most importantly, stay calm!

Have you heard of the tortoise and hare story before? Yes, remember that 'slow and steady win the race' . I always use this phrase to encourage myself and to my friends too and I will repeat this phrase like three times silently in my heart. Never ever give up!!! If you never try, you never know.




Remember even if is on the exam day itself, try to read through  2-3 more important points  even for just a minute or 5 minute, it does really help too before the exam starts. That's what I always been trying to do before the exam starts. I find that it helps. Like exam, if is essay or structured question,  who knows, maybe just nice, the points which you study earlier is the answer for the exam question,



4. Never ever leave blank (Exam tip, on the exam day itself)

Yes, when you are doing the test or exam, even if you don't don't know how to answer it, so do remember that never ever leave a blank. For mcq, you can try to choose the answer which you think is more related to the ques and it sounds more correct one. Remember that is not anyhow choose the answer but you can try your best to give the right answer which you think that it sounds more right. For structured ques or essay even if you don't really know how to answer it or no time to answer it, you can try to write out in points. Do you know that there are some teachers will give some marks even if your answers are in point form. Of course, it depends on the teacher and the criteria given.

But no matter what, don't try to leave blank for exams, try to write out something that you know from the question.  

5 Have sufficient rests, eat well and have sufficient water

Even if you are planning to study for last minute and the night before exam and so you are planning not to sleep, no matter what is a must to give yourself some rest too!

You can try to give yourself for like 5 or 10 minutes or even longer rests. Try to close your eyes and relax, this really helps you to become more energise after that. If possible, you can try to wriggle your toes, stretch your hands and legs too. Is good to move around rather than sitting the whole day studying and cramp everything for hours.

No point trying to cramp everything and sit there for hours and hours to study when you are very tiring!  So is time to give yourself a break!  

Eating foods and  drinking sufficient water are very important. You can eat some fruits or nuts for supper while studying. Do you know that some fruits like blueberries can help you to boost for memory and even plain water too?



Yes, so don't ever skip meal even how stress or tiring you are. You can eat a banana as it helps for relaxation and banana are good for heart too.

Remember, having a good health is more important than anything.
 
I wish those who are going for tests or exams will do well for their tests or exams!  Lastly, of course the methods that I have stated vary from individual. It might works well for me or to other people but it might not be working for you. So most importantly, find a method that you think it works well for you and so go for it!

What are your own studying tips too? Do share out and comment on my blog! Thanks.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any doubts/questions to ask or comments or experiences which you want to share after reading it? Leave a comment below, I would try reply and answer it back if possible. Thanks for visiting.